Thursday 28 January 2016

My Wardrobe Necessitites

With it being the new year I decided to have a big clear out and get rid of some clothes I don't wear anymore, making room in my wardrobe for some new clothes. Below I have put together a list of my favourite and must have items for this time of year.

Plain T's
I love plain T shirts they are the most basic item but they are an absolute essential in my wardrobe, I wear one almost every day. I'm always picking up a new T shirt on shopping trips, black and white T's are a must have but some other colours I have picked up are grey, khaki and blush pink. They are so easy to wear, I have a bit of an obsession with jackets and they are perfect to wear underneath those or any other statement piece.

Fur Gilet
A gilet is a great and fashionable alternative for a coat or jacket if you don't want to completely cover yourself up, of course in this weather I would make sure I'm wearing something warm and long sleeved underneath.

Leather Jacket
I rave about leather jackets a lot but its a fact that they are a timeless item, they never go out of fashion, they can give a simple outfit a bit of an edge and they go with pretty much everything.

Denim Jacket 
I just picked up a denim jacket last week in the sale at Zara, another easy to wear item which will probably be in my wardrobe forever. I love wearing different textures together like leather and denim. 

Bomber Jacket 
Lord knows I love a bomber jacket, I've probably mentioned them in my last 5 fashion posts but I'm still loving them and they don't seem to be going out of fashion any time soon! 

Leather leggings/trousers
Leather can add a bit of excitement to an otherwise plain outfit, these can work dressed down for a day look and dressed up for a night out.

Ankle boots
I've always opted for long boots but this year I've bought some ankle boots, last year saw an over-the-knee over load so I've decided to go for something different for everyday wear.

Statement heels 
I love to wear a statement heel for a night out, I think shoes are just as important as the outfit you wear and they can completely finish the look off, a lot of fashion at the moment is very basic,  for example a block coloured slinky dress or two piece, so a stylish pair of shoes can really set an outfit off and be the talking point of the outfit. 


Jumpers
Jumpers are definitely a necessity for this time of the year; high neck, roll neck, cropped, oversized, cable knit, there are so many styles and I just can't resist picking them up on shopping trips, especially at H&M they have so many to choose from at affordable prices.


Trainers
I've never been a big fan of trainers but recently I've had a change of heart and I can't complain about how comfortable they are! I love to style trainers with black skinny jeans for a casual day look.

Winter Coat
Theres nothing better than a new winter coat, I think its a good idea to upgrade your coat every year as this is the item you're probably going to wear the most and trends are constantly changing, this year I chose a shearling jacket which is very on trend as well as very warm.

 Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment