Tuesday 31 March 2015

Recent Hair & Makeup Looks

I recently purchased a new camera for better quality pictures and to film for Youtube. I haven't got round to making a video yet as I am still trying to master the camera itself and the set up and lighting, however I have been taking lots of photos of the makeup looks I have created on myself and my clients. I am so pleased to finally be able to take pictures that really capture the work and effort that goes into eye makeup in particular. 

 If you know me you will know I love a night out and almost every time I go out I will try something new with my makeup, wether its a new take on a smokey eye or a different shade of lipstick - getting ready is probably one of the highlights of my night. Below I have put together some looks from my most recent outings. 

Girly makeup and bouncy hair.

On this occasion I went for quite a soft look using various shades of pink and purple on my eyes and really blending them out, using these colours made my eyes look blue where as they are usually green. For my lips I stuck with the theme and wore a pinky-nude lipstick to match my pink outfit and as always I contoured and highlighted my face for a more defined look. 


To create this big bouncy hair I straightened small sections of my hair and put in sleep-in rollers one-by-one while my hair was hot and left them to set for around 5 hours before removing them. Doing this gives my hair lots of volume and shape and is an alternative for my usual curly-do.

Bronze vibes and curls. 

Okay, so I don't always create a new look, sometimes I decide to go out last minute (this happens a lot) and I go for my trusty go-to bronze smokey eye, I've worn this like 1000 times but on this occasion I joined my eyeliner at the inner corners, kind of Arabic style. On my lips I wore my absolute favourite lip combo, which I have mentioned countless times on this blog... MAC 'Pink Treat' cremestick liner and 'Merh' lipstick. 
For my hair I simply curled small sections with GHD straighteners, I then tied up the top section of my hair with a bobble to create that half up/half down Ariana Grande look. 



Would you like to see these looks featured on my upcoming YouTube tutorials? Let me know what you want to see.
Thank you for reading!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment