Tuesday 27 January 2015

Recent Makeup Look: Neutral Smokey Eyes & Nude Lips

Recently I have been posting a lot of makeup looks on my Instagram. I love trying out new looks and mixing things up with my makeup when I have nothing better to do. My face routine is always quite similar however I like to go heavier on a night out, but the the thing I love most about makeup is eye makeup; eyeshadows, eyeliner, pigments, glitter - I love it all! 
I haven't had a night out in the past few weeks therefore I haven't had any opportunities to wear extravagant makeup so lately I have found myself walking around the house with pink glitter on my eyelids, kind of a waste of makeup but a great excuse to write a new blog post! 
My upcoming posts are going to be a more in depth description of how I created the looks posted on my Instagram. 



 This is the most versatile of the recent looks I have created, this eye makeup could be worn during the day if you prefer a bold look but personally this is something I would wear on a more casual night out. Of course I started off with my holy grail eye primer MAC 'Painterly' Paintpot but I wasn't sure what look I was going for when I picked up my brushes, eventually I decided I wanted to go for gold and brown tones so I opted for the infamous MAC 'Woodwinked' eyeshadow as I hadn't used it in a while and its a product that is often raved about. 'Woodwinked' is described by MAC as 'warm antique gold' its a lovely neutral shade which suits all eye colours. I then decided I wanted to darken up the look and use some matte shadows to create a really dark and smokey eye so I used two of the brown shades from my HD Brows Pro Eye & Brow palette to really blend and smoke out the look and I used MAC 'Soft Brown' eyeshadow as a transition colour. I finished off with a thick winged liner, a white eyeliner in the waterline and a brow bone and inner corner highlight. As for my facial makeup I stuck to my regular routine which you can find here

product list.
eyes
MAC 'Painterly' Paintpot 
MAC eyeshadow 'Woodwinked' 'Soft Brown' 
HD Brows Pro Eye & Brow Palette 'Dark Brown' 'Rich Brown'
MAC Pigment 'Vanilla' 
MAC Liquidlast Eyeliner 
MAC 'Snowed In' Technakohl Liner 
Barry M Lash Vegas Waterproof Mascara

face 
BH Cosmetics 10 Colour Camouflage and Concealer Palette
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder in Medium Plus 
Charlotte Tilbury 'Filmstar Bronze & Sculpt' Face Sculpt and Highlight
Charlotte Tilbury Cheek & Chic 'Swish & Pop' Blusher in 'Ecstasy'

lips
MAC 'Pink Treat' Cremestick Liner 
MAC 'Merh' Lipstick


look out for my next post for a glitter eye makeup look! 

No comments:

Post a Comment