Tuesday 3 February 2015

Recent Makeup Look: Pink Glitter & Black Smoke

As I mentioned in my previous post I have been trying out some new eye makeup looks which you may have seen on my Instagram. This one is my favourite, I've had this MAC pink glitter for a while now and had never put it to use but after trying it out for the first time I loved the outcome and its definitely a look I will be recreating for a night out.


*As you can see I'm not wearing false lashes as this was a practise run, if I was to wear this out I would add false lashes for a more dramatic finish.

This glitzy eye makeup is rather extravagant making it perfect for a night out or party. To create this look I started with an eye primer, as usual I used MAC 'Painterly' Paintpot. I then applied a small amount of fixing gel on my eyelids for the glitter to adhere, I used a small flat concealer brush to pick up the glitter and tapped off any excess product before applying to my lids, I repeated this process till my lids were completely and evenly covered with glitter. To warm up and define my eyes I applied MAC 'Soft Brown' eyeshadow in my eye sockets, this is also used as a transition colour to fade out dark colours so that they blend seamlessly. I then applied my favourite black eyeshadow, Urban Decay 'Blackout' in the outer corner of my eyes to create a winged out effect, I used this colour heavily in the outer V and then used a fluffy brush to lightly blend the colour out and fade towards the socket. I also took this black eyeshadow along my lower lash line to make my eyes look extra smokey. For my waterline I took a fine liner brush and spritzed it with MAC Fix + Spray then picked up some of the black eyeshadow, this is a great alternative for an eye pencil. To finish I used MAC Liquid Eyeliner to define my upper lash line and as always I highlighted my brow bone and inner corners with MAC 'Vanilla' pigment. 

product list. 

eyes
MAC 'Painterly' Paintpot 
Fixing Gel (unbranded)
MAC Pink Glitter 
MAC eyeshadow 'Soft Brown' 
Urban Decay eyeshadow 'Blackout'
MAC Liquid Eyeliner
MAC Pigment 'Vanilla' 
HD Brows Pro Eye & Brow Palette 'Dark Brown'  (Brows)
Barry M Lash Vegas Waterproof Mascara


face 
BH Cosmetics 10 Colour Camouflage and Concealer Palette
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder in Medium Plus 
Charlotte Tilbury 'Filmstar Bronze & Sculpt' Face Sculpt and Highlight
Charlotte Tilbury Cheek & Chic 'Swish & Pop' Blusher in 'Ecstasy'

lips
MAC 'In Anticipation' Pro Longwear Lip Pencil
MAC 'Chatterbox' Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment