Sunday 16 November 2014

Luxury Makeup Wish List

I have posted makeup wish lists in the past but this time I thought I would do something different. As you may already know I love MAC makeup, but lately I have been wanting to experiment with some different brands which I haven't already tried. High end brands can be very expensive and sometimes I can't justify spending so much on a makeup item, especially when I can not sample a product before buying. However if I was to splurge out on any makeup products the following would be at the top of my list. I enjoyed researching products for this post so I am sure I will be writing an updated post in the future. 


Tom Ford Bronzing Powder in 'Terra' - Tom Ford is definitely one of the most pricey makeup brands I have came across but none the less I am dying to get my hands on their luxury products. At the top of my Tom Ford wish list is this matte bronzer, I have been seeing it a lot recently in magazines and blogs and I have heard some fantastic reviews. At £68.00 this may seem extremely over priced for a bronzer however it contains 21 grams of product which would last much longer than an average size bronzer. From the information I have gathered this bronzer seems very much worth the investment if you are a makeup junkie like my self.

Charlotte Tilbury Rock 'N' Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil in 'Bedroom Black' - After falling in love with Charlotte Tilburys 'Light Wonder' foundation I have been desperate to try more from her collection. I was shopping in Harvey Nichols in Leeds recently and was so excited to see there was a new Charlotte Tilbury counter which wasn't there on my last visit. I couldn't walk away with nothing so I chose some lovely products which I have to wait for because they are Christmas presents. Those products would have made it to this list if I didn't already own them so instead the next item I hope to buy from CT is her Rock 'N' Kohl eyeliner which I have seen her using in the majority of her Youtube makeup tutorials. This looks like a really great eyeliner, if I was to buy this I would use this to line my waterline, I am yet to find an eye pencil which is long lasting and this one sounds impressive and from the tutorials it looks like a product which is easy to work with. There are a selection of colours to choose from but my first choice would be 'Bedroom Black' because I think black eyeliner is a necessity and would work wonders with a smouldering smokey eye. 

Dior 'Rose Diamond' Highlighter - I first discovered this on Tanya Burrs Youtube channel and I have admired it ever since, however after including this in my wish list I did some more research and I realised that this product has actually been discontinued. I'm sure I could find a dupe for this highlighter but I must admit I'm not crazy for highlighting and I think that the correct eyeshadow can have the same effect. My main reason for including this in my wish list is because I have been wanting to try out some more Dior makeup and this stood out from the collection, all their products looks beautiful but I can't think of anything in particular I have heard rave reviews about, so I am going to do some research on their best sellers before I purchase anything.  

YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in 'Rose Opera' - Why wouldn't I want this lipstick? The packaging is to die for, I couldn't just throw it in my makeup bag I would have to have it on display on my dressing table. This lipstick has been at the back of my mind for a while now but I have a tendency to stray towards the MAC counter and save my self £10.00 on a lipstick. 

Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer - I am forever searching for the ultimate product to conceal my dark under eye circles and I am yet to find it. This is another product that has been popping up on blogs and Youtube tutorials, I don't know a lot about it but I have seen it being used as an under eye concealer as well as a foundation and the coverage and highlight looks fantastic. The price is around £37.00 which is very expensive for a concealer but if I knew this was guaranteed to cover my loathed dark circles I wouldn't think twice about buying it. 

Tom Ford Lipstick in 'Spanish Pink' - Like I said before I am just dying to get my hands on some Tom Ford and 'Spanish Pink' looks like the perfect shade of pink which I haven't been able to find. The packaging is so slick and classy which is a seller for me but I must admit it would pain me to spend £37.00 on a lipstick, so if anyone is struggling to find me a christmas present, look no further. 

Charlotte Tilbury Supermodel Body -  The story behind this is that when Charlotte was working back stage at fashion shows and photo shoots, herself and other artists would mix foundation and highlighter together and apply the mixture to models to create the illusion of slimmer looking legs, a more defined decolletage and arms and an airbrushed finish. Charlotte then decided to create this product in the form of a fuss free roller ball which makes for quick and easy application. If anyone knows how to sell a product its Charlotte Tilbury, she described this product as the 'perfect way to cheat your dream body' and it seems that many agree as it has fantastic reviews and is used by none other than Kim Kardashian who said the product is 'legendary'. If its good enough for Kim its good enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment