Tuesday 18 November 2014

MAC Lipstick Collection




As you may have guessed from my previous posts MAC is my favourite brand of makeup. MAC are renowned for their prodigious lipstick collection. The quality and variety of MAC lipsticks is fantastic, the price ranges from £13.50 - £15.00 but the back 2 mac programme has helped me to build my collection quicker and cheaper. 


  (L-R Pure Zen, Pink Pearl Pop, Snob, Pink Plaid, Merh, Chatter Box, Girl About Town, Candy Yum-Yum, MAC Red) 

'Pure Zen' - Described by MAC as 'frosted warm nude'. I would say this colour is a 'pinky peach' and it is the most neutral colour in my collection as it is pale and quite sheer which makes it great for a day time look. However it can also be used in an evening look, for example if I am wearing a smokey eye I usually prefer a more muted colour on my lips so I will use this paired with MAC Cremestick lip liner in 'Pink Treat'. 

'Pink Pearl Pop' - Described by MAC as 'frosted midtonal pink'. This is a very girly lipstick, its a Barbie like pink with shimmer and it's quite sheer and has a glossy finish. I would say it is versatile and easy to wear day and night. Once over this would probably have been my favourite lipstick but I now prefer neutral colours. 

'Snob' - Described by MAC as 'light neutral pink' and think it may be a satin' finish. I would say this is a very pale pink with purple undertones. Although this is a popular colour from MAC personally I am not a fan and I find that it really washes me out and I think this is because it is not suited to my skin tone. 

'Pink Plaid' - Described by MAC as 'dirty blue-pink'. This lipstick is a neutral colour, it is similar to 'Snob' but darker, I haven't used this colour a lot and I think this may be because it was my first lipstick with a matte finish and on first impressions I didn't like how it left my lips feeling dry, however since then I have used other matte lipsticks and it doesn't bother so I am going to wear it more often as it a great every day colour. 

'Merh' - This is also described by MAC as 'dirty blue-pink' and has a matte finish but I would say this darker and more brown than 'Pink Plaid'. I wear this with MAC Cremestick lip liner in 'Pink Treat' they are the perfect match and together the work a dream. This is my favourite lipstick because it so wearable and since buying I have used it almost every day and night. 

'Chatter Box' - Described by Mac as 'bright red-pink' and is a amplified creme finish. This is one of my favourites in my collection, I would say it is quite a neutral pink and is a perfect everyday lipstick because it is so easy to wear. I like the finish of this lipstick because it is very pigmented as it is amplified but at the same time it keeps my lips feeling moisturised. 

'Girl About Town' - Described by MAC as 'bright blue fuchsia'. This is a very popular lipstick from MAC, I would say this colour is like a berry pink but can look more red on camera. It has an amplified creme finish which means its super pigmented and applies so smoothly. This isn't a colour I wear very often but it looks great on the right occasion.

'Candy Yum-Yum' - Described by MAC as 'neon pink' and thats exactly what it is! This colour stands out a mile at the makeup counter and when I first seen it I fell in love and had to have it. This is another popular colour from MAC but again not something I would wear everyday, however I wore it religiously on holiday this year, its such a bold and bright colour which makes it perfect for summer. It is a matte finish so like I said previously it can be drying on the lips - but it looks so good I don't care! I must also mention this lipstick will leave a temporary pink stain on your lips after wear but that isn't a problem for me. 

'MAC Red' - This is described by MAC as 'vidid bright bluish-red' and is a satin finish. Everyone needs a red in their lipstick collection and for me one is enough as I am not particularly a fan on red lips. I bought this a long time ago and I'm not sure why I chose this over the other reds in the collection but it does seem to be a popular choice. If a classic red lip with no shimmer and no frost is what you are looking for I would recommend this to you. 

Find MAC lipsticks here

More information on Back to MAC

No comments:

Post a Comment