Thursday 7 August 2014

My Holiday Beauty Essentials and Favourites

Of course I took all my make up and lots of toiletries on holiday but I have skipped the boring stuff and wrote a list of my favourite beauty products and must haves!

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder in Medium Plus - I bought this just before I went to Ayia Napa because powder is a must have on holiday, I regularly topped up with this on my nights out as my skin became very oily as it is so hot. I always go back to MAC powders, they are my favourite because they are so light weight and long lasting. 



MAC 'Tan' Pigment - This was the first MAC pigment I bought and I have used it frequently, MAC pigments may seem very pricey but they last forever. When working with clients or creating makeup looks on friends I have used this many times as it is so versatile and can be used with a neutral or vibrant look. I found myself using this a lot on holiday with MAC 'Soft brown' in the crease and using various darker colours in the outer corners. For someone looking to try a MAC pigment I would certainly recommend this. 


MAC 'Candy Yum-Yum' Lipstick - I mentioned this in my recent MAC haul but only used it for the first time and holiday, I had wanted this lipstick for ages but was a little anxious to wear it as it is so bold but I was so pleased with the outcome and found it looked beautiful with so many makeup looks. I love the colour it is a fluorescent pink with purple tones. This colour is definitely in my top 5 MAC lipsticks, it is a must have pink but like all MAC satin finish lipsticks it can be a little drying on the lips. 


Victorias Secret 'VS Fantasies' fragrance mist in 'Coconut Passion' - This is my favourite body spray ever, I can't get enough of it. I love the smell of coconut it just reminds me of summer but I could cry a little every time I spray it now as it reminds me of Ayia Napa.


Victorias Secret 'VS Fantasies' hydrating body lotion in 'Love Spell' - Unfortunately before I went on holiday I could not get my hands on the 'Coconut Passion' body lotion so I bought this instead which is another of my favourite VS scents. This is the second bottle of VS body lotion I have and I have now decided I'm not a fan, as lovely as they smell I don't think these lotions are 'hydrating' I like a moisturiser to leave my skin feeling nourished and glowing but this product just seemed to disappear, next time I will try a body butter. 



Estee Lauder 'Bronze Goddess' Fragrance - I mentioned this in a recent post you can find here. Every girl needs a holiday perfume! I love this because it is so summery, now that I'm familiar with this perfume I would add to my previous description that is a very dusky and muted scent, the bottle is the perfect size and a little goes a long way! Grab it while you can as it limited edition for spring/summer.



Dove 'Summer Glow' in Medium/Dark - My face takes much longer to tan than the rest of my body so I applied this to my face daily to achieve a healthy glow which made me feel more comfortable when not wearing make up on a day time. I have used this a lot this summer, it is great because the colour is natural and it doesn't go streaky when used correctly however the smell is a big let down. 



Real Techniques 'Stippling Brush' - I often get bored of using the same products and tools so I began using this brush to apply my foundation instead of the Real Techniques 'Expert Face Brush'. I enjoy using this brush because I believe I am using less product than before which leaves my foundation feeling super light weight. 



Gelish in 'Make You Blink Pink' - This was one of the first Gelish colours I bought and it has always been my favourite colour in my collection but for some reason I never wore it myself till I went on holiday. I always have my nails painted pink on holiday but this is my favourite shade of pink, it is so bright and fluorescent which is perfect for holiday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment