Thursday 3 April 2014

Rose Beautique Darlington

I began studying Beauty Therapy at Darlington College when I was 17, I went to college for 2 years. For the first year I studied Level 2 Beauty Therapy , after passing the course I was qualified in facials, manicures, pedicures, waxing, eye treatments and makeup application. Along side the course I also done some extra training with enrichment courses and received certificates in Fake Bake spray tanning, Dermalogica facials, Minx nails, Art Deco makeup, OPI manicures and Swarovski manicures/pedicures. For my second year at college I studied Nail Technology and trained to do acrylic, gel polish and gel sculpture nails as well as nail art and nail air brushing. 
When my time at college came to an end I must admit I felt lost, I didn't have a job at the time, but I had an idea in my head. It had always been in my interest to run my own business and be self employed. so while I was still at college me and my mam began designing my 'salon' in the conservatory at home. There wasn't a whole lot of work that needed to be done other than redecorating but I had a lot of tools and equipment to buy. It was ready for a while before I opened it to the public, it took me a while to pluck up the courage to start advertising, but in September last year I made a page on Facebook and I also promoted on Twitter and Instagram. I wasn't sure how well I was going to do but over time my clientele has built up and I have regular clients, who have spread the word and I have new clients coming all the time. I am so happy with how it has turned out and I have high hopes for the future. 




My business cards, I love the design they match my salon perfectly!

Gelish nails by me

Gelish in 'Make You Blink Pink'



Gelish in 'All That Glitters is Gold'

No comments:

Post a Comment