Friday 4 April 2014

My Current Everyday Makeup Products (Reviews and Ratings)

On a normal day my makeup is pretty simple, heres a list of the products I use...

Benefit The Porefessional Primer - I have tried a few primers from different brands and haven't been impressed but to date this primer has been the most satisfying. I think it does the job of keeping my foundation in place although I feel that I still need to top up with a little powder through out the day as I have oily skin. I bought this product because I wasn't happy with the way my foundation was laying on my pores in my T zone, I felt like I needed more coverage so I bought this product hoping it would do the trick and it does! However when I run out of this product instead of repurchasing I want to try the Benefit Stay Flawless primer to wear with the Stay Flawless foundation which I have used up and will be repurchasing. 8
/10

http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/the-porefessional?ext_id=ppc_1567&gclid=CPOFn5LDxb0CFWsTwwod6YwAGg



Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation (40 Beige) - I came to use this after borrowing my mams foundation (Chanel Lift Lumiere 50 Naturel) when I ran out of whatever foundation I was using at the time. When I tried Lift Lumiere my mam said it suited me and it was the best foundation she had seen on me. So I bought it for my self and used it for a while, but the problem I had with this foundation was that when I had a spray tan on my face I found the colour looked a little ashy and grey because it didn't match my skin tone. So the next time I went to the counter I got the colour a shade lighter and changed to Vitalumier which is the equivalent for younger skin. For a while I thought this was the perfect foundation for me and although I like the colour I find it to be a bit oily, I need to use a lot of setting powder with this product and I have to continuously apply it through out the day otherwise I feel like the foundation would slide off and as I said previously the coverage in my T zone is not great. So I am still on my quest to find my perfect foundation, I would like to try Chanel Perfection Lumiere and I would also like to repurchase the Benefit Stay Flawless Foundation. 7/10

http://www.chanel.com/en_GB/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Foundations-VITALUMI%C3%88RE-95640?sku=95647




MAC Pro Conceal and Correct Palette (Medium) - I couldn't live with out concealer! I have dark circles under my eyes which are hereditary and obviously me being a night hawk doesn't help. Therefore concealer is very important in my make up routine, luckily I don't get spots often so I do only use it under my eyes. I think this product is fantastic because your getting 4 shades of the MAC Studio Finish concealer plus 2 corrector shades for the price you would pay for 2 of the same concealer in a single shade. Firstly I use the mid peach corrector in the palette to cover and brighten the dark circles, then I apply NC 30 over the top so it blends in to my foundation. The darker shades are great for contouring. I am happy with the coverage and the concealer and corrector combined are the best products I have came across for covering my dark circles. I will repurchase this product but I'm always looking for something even better. I would like to try the MAC Prep and Prime Highligher to use with this product to brighten and highlight under my eyes more. 8/10

http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/157/23772/Products/Face/Concealer/PRO-Conceal-and-Correct-PaletteMedium/index.tmpl



Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (Translucent) After hearing MUA Tanya Burr recommend this product so many times on her youtube channel and saying it is the only setting powder in her makeup kit, I had to try it for myself. This product does exactly what its suppose to and works well with all the foundations I have used it with. I apply this after foundation and concealer and use it to touch up during the day. At only £3.99 this is the cheapest product in my makeup kit and I will definitely be repurchasing. 9/10

http://uk.rimmellondon.com/products/face/stay-matte-pressed-powder


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Dark) - I use this product as a bronzer and to contour. I contour around my cheek bones, temples and jawline and I also dust the product lightly over my chin and forehead and blend down my neck. I would say this product is long lasting but I like to reapply through out the day to keep me looking sun kissed. As for the colour it can sometimes look a little orange if too much is applied. I have repurchased this item probably 4 times in different shades, I have previously used a lighter shade as a setting powder which I would also recommend. 8/10

http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/159/1343/Products/Face/Powder/Mineralize-Skinfinish-Natural/index.tmpl


MAC Powder Blush (Dollymix, Fleur Power, Pink Swoon) - First of all, these blushers last forever, a little goes a long way as these powders are SO pigmented. I can't remember the last time I used another blusher. All these blushes are shades of pink (my favourite colour) Fleur Power and Pink Swoon are more muted and have slight peach tones, these are the colours I use most. Dollymix is a bright pink, it is one of the most popular MAC blushes, I like to wear this when I want more colour in my cheeks and when the rest of my makeup is quite plain. I love these blushes so I would repurchase these, however I would like to try some different shades. I would definitely recommend! 9/10

http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/156/329/Products/Face/Cheek/Powder-Blush/index.tmpl

HD Brows Pro Eye and Brow Palette - I bought this product before Christmas and unfortunately the exact product I have is not available on the HD Brows website any longer, however there is a very similar product 'New Eye and Brow Palette' that will do the same job. I started filling in my brows last year and now I couldn't go out with out fixing them, its true, brows frame your face and eyeshadow looks much better when you have good brows. With this product I found the perfect shade of powder to match my brows so they still look natural and I get a lot of compliments on them. My natural brows have a good arch so I just use the powder to expand the brows inwards and outwards. I use the angled end of the brush that comes with the kit, its the perfect brow brush! I'm really happy with this palette, the powders are very pigmented and good quality, and I love to use the other shades for creating a smokey eyeshadow look. Again with me having quite oily skin I like to touch up my brows when I can. If I needed to repurchase this product I would get the 'Foxy Palette' which would be my shade in the updated palettes. If you are obsessed with your brows you should try this fantastic product! 10/10

http://hdbrows.com/new-eye-and-brow-palette.html

MAC Liquidlast Liner (Point Black) - I feel bare with out eyeliner, I wear it everyday! This liner is perfect because it lasts all day and there is no smudging. All I can say is be careful when applying this product because if you make a mistake it is difficult to remove. When it comes to the 'feline flick' remember practise makes perfect. I'm now on to my third tube of this, I wouldn't use another eyeliner! 9/10

http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/151/1250/Products/Eyes/Liner/Liquidlast-Liner/index.tmpl

Barry M Lash Vegas Mascara - I have to praise Barry M as there waterproof mascaras are the only mascaras I have found to actually be waterproof. I have tried so many other mascaras that claim to be waterproof and I have been left with black circles under my eyes where they have smudged. Luckily this mascara also lengthens and thickens my lashes so it is an all rounder! However I must mention I really dislike the packaging as it is really cheap looking and bad quality, but what can you expect for the price. 9/10 

http://www.barrym.com/lash-vegas-waterproof-mascara.html



MAC Lip Pencil (Dervish) - I only recently started wearing lip liner. I draw slightly over my lip line to make my lips appear fuller. I like the colour of this product, its pretty much the same colour as my lips so it looks really natural and can be worn alone. However this product isn't long lasting and it wears off easily. I don't think I would repurchase instead I would like to try the MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencils. 7/10

http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/167/340/Products/Lips/Lip-Pencil/Lip-Pencil/index.tmpl


Avon Ultraglaze Lipgloss (Pink Watermelon) - I usually use MAC lipgloss because the colours are gorgeous but I have been using this lipgloss for a while after receiving it as a free gift with another Avon product. I love the colour for an everyday look and it feels really light on my lips and not sticky at all! 10/10

http://avonshop.co.uk/product/make-up/lips/avon-ultra-glazewear-lip-gloss.html




I don't have a recent picture of my everyday makeup but the picture above is close enough. In this picture I am wearing all the products listed above as well as eyeshadow from my MAC pro palette (Patina, Wedge, Shroom) and the Rich Brown shade from my HD Pro Eye and Brow palette.


I'm wearing: 
Blazer - H&M 
Top - Chic Boutique Darlington 
Earrings - H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment