Monday 1 June 2015

Recent Makeup Look: Simple Smokey Eye

Firstly I apologise for my lack of posts in the last couple of weeks, I have been busy with work and prepping for my upcoming holiday to Ibiza in 3 weeks. I'm really pleased as I have had so many makeup appointments lately and lots more coming up in the prom season, unfortunately I have once again forgot to take pictures of the looks I have created, I must start remembering to do this. To compensate for that, I recently created an easy to achieve, neutral smokey eye on myself which I have since been wearing frequently. 


eyes.
  • As always I started by priming my eyes with MAC 'Painterly' Paint Pot, this gives eyeshadow stay power and prevents creasing.
  • For my transition colour, I created a shadow in my crease using MAC 'Wedge' eyeshadow, the shadow technique creates definition. I applied this lightly with a fluffy brush, recently I have been applying my transition colour first, to ensure this area stays matte if I am using a shimmery base colour. 
  • As my base colour I used the very popular MAC 'All That Glitters'. This is a product I had to repurchase because I used it frequently, its very versatile and I use it often on my clients, especially for bridal makeup. 
  • To create the 'smoke' I darkened up the outer corners using the 'Warm Brown' powder from my 'HD Brows Pro Eye and Brow Palette' with a pencil brush I then blended this out for smooth finish using a fluffy brush. I also applied this to my lower lash line for a smouldering effect. 
  • I used MAC 'Shroom' eyeshadow to lift and highlight my brow bone and in my inner corner to make my eyes appear brighter.
  • For my statement feline flick I of course used my holy grail eye liner, MAC 'Liquidlast' Eyeliner. 
  • In my waterline I used Urban Decay '24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil' in the colour 'Pervision' which is black. 
  • To finish I applied Barry M 'Lash Vegas' Waterproof Mascara. If I was to wear this makeup out I would complete this look with some wispy Kylie Jenner style false lashes.
lips. 
  • To line my lips I used MAC 'In Anticipation' Pro Longwear Lip Pencil, because I have ran out of my favourite lip liner (Mac 'Pink Treat' Creamstick Pencil) I always over draw my lips slightly to create a fuller look. 
  • The lipstick I used was MAC 'Merh', no surprise there, this is my absolute favourite lipstick.

you can read my most updated complexion routine here. 

Thank you for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment