Tuesday 3 March 2015

Recent Makeup Look: Purple/Glitter Eyes, Tom Ford Lipstick & Contouring


Last week, once again I spent my evening practising my makeup techniques and found myself creating this gorgeous purple smokey eye, this has to be one of my favourite looks I have created on my self - so much so that I have already recreated it since and wore it for a night out last Saturday. 

step by step tutorial.
eyes
  • As always I began with a fresh face, I like to start with my eye makeup because if there is any fall out from eyeshadow or glitter I can easily wipe it away with a facial wipe and not have to worry about reapplying foundation and concealer. 
  • The next step is to apply my eye primer, as usual I used MAC 'Painterly' Paintpot
  • I then applied MAC 'Tan' pigment with a flat concealer brush on my eyelids as the base colour. I spritzed the brush with MAC Fix + for a more intense colour. This is my favourite and most used pigment, it looks great with all eye colours. 
  • To create some shape and definition I took MAC 'Push The Edge' pigment (limited edition 'Nocturnal' collection '14) on a pencil brush and applied it to the outer 'v' of my eyes, I then blended it out ever so slightly with a fluffy brush because I wanted to keep the darkest colour in the outer corners only .
  •  Using a small crease brush I added MAC 'Plum Dressing' Eyeshadow to the creases of my eyes. I started from the outer corners, fading the colour out towards the inner corners. The purple shades I used really made my green eyes pop. 
  • For the transition colour I used MAC 'Sushi Flower' Eyeshadow with a fluffy bending brush.
  • The next step is to apply the glitter. I wanted to buy a MAC 'Reflects' glitter but instead of paying £17.00 I found a similar iridescent glitter in my nail kit, its pretty much the same consistency as my other MAC glitters and is safe to use as eye makeup. To apply I dabbed some fixing gel on top of the base colour 'Tan' and then lightly dusted on the glitter with a fluffy brush.
  • As usual I added a winged liner, I used my favourite MAC 'Liquidlast' Eyeliner for that. 
  • In my waterline I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in the colour 'Perversion', which is super black and long lasting.
  • For my lower lash line I used 'Push The Edge' in the outer corners and 'Plum Dressing' towards the inner corners. 
  • To highlight my brow bones I used MAC 'Vanilla' pigment, I wanted to use a product that didn't have a lot of shimmer because I didn't want a shimmer/glitter overload. 
  • For my inner corner highlight I used MAC 'Gleam' eyeshadow which is a pinky/pearly colour.
  • I coated my eyelashes with MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash Mascara before adding Eyelure '107' false lashes.
  • As always I filled in my brows with HD Brows Pro Eye & Brow Palette using the 'Rich Brown' shade. I do not fill in my brows until after my face routine. 
face
  • firstly I cleaned up any eyeshadow/glitter fall out with a facial wipe, I then used MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Illuminating Base to moisturise.
  • Seen as though I would wear this makeup for a night out or special occasion I decided to use my BH Cosmetics Camouflage and Concealer palette to contour instead of using a foundation. I used a lighter concealer to highlight and conceal under my eyes, I made an upside down triangle shape using a flat foundation brush, I then applied the same colour on the centre of my forehead, on my chin and down the centre of my nose.
  •  To contour and create shadow I applied the darkest concealer at the hollow of my cheekbones, temples, hairline, jawline and either side of my nose and chin. I applied this with a smaller pointed foundation brush. 
  • To help with blending I dabbed a small amount of concealer which is close to my skin tone to the places where I haven't highlighted or contoured such as my cheeks, this is optional.
  • To finish I used a damp beauty blender to blend the highlighted and contoured areas together, I do this in a dabbing/patting motion to avoid moving the colours to much and losing the effect. 
  • To set the contour/highlight and take away any unwanted shine I dusted on MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder 'Medium Plus'.
  • I then used the bronzer in the Charlotte Tilbury 'Filmstar Bronze & Sculpt' palette to further sculpt and define my cheekbones and used the highlighter on the top of my cheekbones for a glow. 
  • For blusher I opted for MAC 'Fleur Power' Powder Blush.
 lips 
  • Firstly I lined my lips with my absolute favourite lip liner which is MAC 'Pink Treat' Cremestick Liner. I always draw over my lips slightly and then colour them in with the liner. 
  • I then applied Tom Ford 'Indian Rose' which is a gorgeous neutral pink colour which has a slight glossy sheen. 

Thank you for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment