Monday 19 January 2015

MAC Haul


Below I have put together my most recent purchases from MAC, unfortunately this haul has been delayed, I was hoping to have this up sooner as some of the products listed are no longer available to buy at MAC counters or online as they are part of their 'Objects of Affection' holiday collection. However I couldn't pass the opportunity to review and share my thoughts on these gorgeous products. 

'Objects of Affection'

Pink + Rose Pigments + Glitter
Heritage Rogue, Rose, Tan, Whisper Pink, Reigning Riches



Last year I bought 2 sets of MAC pigments and I have used them over and over again so I couldn't wait to get my hands on some more at the end of last year. This product was an absolute must have for me, I paid £26.00 for 5 stunning pigments where as before 1 have paid £17.00 for only 1 pigment - which of course is bigger but pigments last forever because only a very small amount of product is needed with each application. 
I chose to go for the Pink + Rose selection because the colours are beautiful and unique and unlike what I already own and also reddish-pink tones are some of my favourite colours to use on myself because these shades really compliment my green eyes and make them pop. I've been loving creating glitter smokey eyes lately, which you may have seen in my previous post and this set includes a soft copper glitter which I can not wait to try out! 
 Like most MAC products the quality is fantastic and very much worth the money. So far I am very impressed and I am looking forward to creating some new and daring eye makeup looks with these fabulous pigments.


These swatches have been heavily applied with MAC Fix + Spray 
(Left - Right) Heritage Rouge, Rose, Tan, Whisper Pink, Reigning Riches

Nudes + Red Lipgloss 
Love Alert, Dynasty At Dusk, Delight, Paper Lantern



I don't usually buy lip glosses as I prefer to wear lipstick all day/every day but when the opportunity arises to buy 4 MAC lip glosses for £26.00 I'm not going to turn it down. MAC lip glosses range from £13.50 - £19.00 so this kind of bargain cannot be looked upon.
This set includes 1 'Dazzle Glass' and 3 'Cremesheen Glass' lip glosses. I chose to go for the Nude + Red lip glosses because these colours are the most similar to the neutral and nude colours I usually wear (barring the red lip gloss). I'm very happy with the colours I chose and they look gorgeous worn individually or glossed over some of my favourite lipsticks. One of my new favourite MAC lip combinations is; 'Pink Treat' Cremestick liner and 'Merh' Lipstick with 'Delight' Cremesheen lip gloss. This purchase is also a great addition to my makeup kit and I'm sure any lip gloss I don't use on my self will be suited to some of my clients. 


(Left - Right) Love Alert, Dynasty At Dusk, Delight,  Paper Lantern


New Lip Products


'Brave' Lipstick 
This lipstick was absolutely free because I used the Back 2 MAC scheme; recycling 6 empty containers through MAC to get a free lipstick in return. 
I am running low on my current go-to MAC lipstick 'Merh' but instead of repurchasing it so soon, I thought I would try something a little different. '
Brave' lipstick is a satin finish and the colour is described as 'Pink-beige with white pearl'. I like this lipstick but I have only worn it a couple of times and I am still getting use to it after wearing 'Merh' on my lips almost everyday for the past 3 months. These 2 lipsticks are very similar, 'Brave' is a great alternative for 'Merh' but is a slightly lighter, more pink colour. It is also much more moisturising which is a bonus as sometimes matte lipsticks can leave lips feeling dry, however I still prefer the look of matte lipstick and 'Merh' is still my absolute favourite! 

'In Anticipation' Pro Longwear Lip Pencil
This has been on my makeup wish list for a while and I finally bought it a couple of weeks ago. I use 'Pink Treat' Cremestick Liner daily, it is a very neutral colour that works with my nude lipsticks however I wanted a pink liner and MAC describe this colour as 'soft yellow pink'. I bought this to wear with some of my favourite pink lipsticks such as 'Chatter Box' and 'Candy Yum-Yum'. Up to now I have only used this liner once but I can say I was impressed, it is very pigmented, it glides on smoothly which creates an easy application and it is very long lasting - much better than a regular MAC lip pencil such as 'Dervish'. 


(Left - Right) In Anticipation, Brave

No comments:

Post a Comment