Monday 9 June 2014

May/June Makeup Favourites

Below are the makeup products I have been loving the most recently, I haven't been buying a whole lot of new makeup lately because holiday shopping and saving is my priority at the moment but I have been experimenting with the products I already own and trying some new looks! 

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation - I had to mention this in my favourites, up to now I have only used a sample of this product but I absolutely love it, to find out why check out my recent blog post for a full review here.



MAC 'Let Me Pop' Paint Pot - I love MAC paint pots, this is the third one I have bought (sadly the first one I bought in the colour 'Bare Study' was short lived - always remember to put the lid back on after use or the product will dry out). I bought 'Let Me Pop' which is described as a 'frosted light copper' at Christmas time and wasn't so impressed with the product at first because I thought it was wearing off really quickly, recently I tested it out again and applied it in a different way and now I can't get enough of it. I found that unlike MAC 'Painterly' paint pot, 'Let Me Pop' is quite oily and needs a base to stick to, I tried this colour over 'Painterly' and I had not only long lasting results but a more intense pop of colour than I would of if I was to use the product on its own. I have also used 'Let Me Pop' for a light shimmer effect over eyeshadow, to do this I just lightly dabbed the product on to my lids on top of the eyeshadow I have applied. This colour is so glittery and gorgeous and it is perfect for a night out. 




MAC 'Antiqued' Eyeshadow - This colour is described as 'ash brown with bronze'. I have had this in my makeup collection since 2011 and I still have quite a lot of product left. Since I began filling up my MAC eyeshadow palette I neglected my older eyeshadows and was excited to use all the new colours I had bought. Recently I became bored with my everyday statement 'feline flick' and swapped it for a neutral smokey eye using MAC 'Mulch' (which I have mentioned in a previous post) but last week I tried something different again with 'Antiqued'. I first applied my trusty MAC 'Painterly' Paint Pot all over my lids, then I used 'Antiqued' all over my lids, slightly above my crease and lightly under my eyes, to create some dimension I used MAC 'Texture' eyeshadow as a transition colour above my crease and as always those brows need a lift so I used MAC 'Shroom' as my brow bone and inner corner highlight, to finish off I lined my water lines with a black eyeliner and applied lashings of mascara. This look is so easy to create and really brings out my green eyes.

An everyday neutral smokey eye look created with MAC 'Antiqued' 



MAC 'Texture' Eyeshadow - As I mentioned above I use 'Texture' as a transition shade, the colour is described by MAC as a 'peachy brown with shimmer'. Recently I was experimenting and found it is also a perfect contour colour for my skin tone. This colour is really intense and pigmented but when it is used correctly and is thoroughly blended it creates the illusion of a perfectly chiseled jawline and cheek bones. I must mention this product is hard to get hold of, I went to various MAC counters before I finally got my hands on it, I'm not sure if it has been discontinued or is in high demand therefore is usually out of stock. 

This may appear a little dark for a face contour but remember blending is the key! 

No comments:

Post a Comment