Monday 2 June 2014

Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation Review


Charlotte Tilbury is one of my favourite makeup artists, her work is so simple yet so effective. I find that her youtube makeup tutorials are so easy to follow and she really knows how to sell all her products, which makes me want to buy everything from her range! Charlotte Tilburys makeup range is only available from Selfridges and online so I was really excited when I was kindly sent some samples of her 'Light Wonder' foundation to review. I would say that Charlotte Tilbury is an up and coming brand which was launched just last year but I am hoping to see it expand to other department stores in the future. I love the products packaging it is simple but expensive looking, I also love the creative names she has came up with for her products and the 10 different makeup 'looks' to suit peoples individual taste, I think there is a look for everyone to follow.

I have been testing this product for a while and I am really excited to finally share my thoughts with you. I didn't think I would find another foundation I like better than Chanel 'Perfection Lumiere' but now I have! I absolutely love 'Light Wonder' foundation. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this product because as I have said previously I have tried so many foundations that just haven't worked for me but this foundation is perfect, it is everything a foundation should be. Firstly I must say a little goes a long way, the coverage is buildable but I would say you only need little product for a flawless finish and even though I have found you do only need a small amount, when I first tested this product I did apply too much to my face but I worked with it and blended the foundation and even though I was using more than I needed the foundation still did not feel heavy or look cakey at all. The foundation has a beautiful illuminating and dewy finish, I feel like this product is a moisturiser, primer and foundation in one as it feels so silky and smooth when applying and the product lasts so well on my skin. I have quite oily skin and was surprised at the results and I think that this foundation will also work wonders on dry and aging skin. I always like to hear a second opinion on my foundation, usually from my mam and when she first seen me wearing this foundation she said that my skin looked like porcelain, which was a lovely compliment. I was given 3 shades of this foundation to try which were medium 5 6 and 7,bI don't think there is a massive difference in the colours but I think shade 7 is the best match for me as I usually have tanned skin. I would definitely purchase this product, I think it is worth every penny and at £32.00 it is £4.00 cheaper than my Chanel foundation which is a bonus. 


'The Dolce Vita' look by Charlotte Tilburry

No comments:

Post a Comment