Thursday 1 May 2014

May Makeup Wish List



Starting from now, once every month I will be creating a makeup wish list. In the collage above I have put together some makeup items I am hoping to buy in the near future.

1. MAC 'CANDY YUM-YUM' Lipstick - I keep eyeing up this colour when I am at a MAC Counter but have not yet bought it, last time I chose 'Pure Zen' over this because I was looking for an every day colour. 'Candy Yum-Yum' is a very popular colour from MAC and has some great reviews. It is a very vivid, almost neon fuschia colour, if there was ever a shocking pink this is it! 

2. NARS 'Turkish Delight' Lipstick - Basically this colour is a favourite of Kim Kardashian so I have to have it! I usually buy MAC lip glosses but I'm dying to try some NARS products and with this being a big seller from the brand I think its a good place to start. This would be the perfect every day lip gloss and it would also look gorgeous with some smokey eyes.

3. Stila 'Dusty Rose' Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadow in - The Stila metallic eye shadows come in a range of colours, but at around £33.00 per pot they are rather pricey so I have picked my favourite colour from the range and hope to eventually build a collection. Although this product is expensive I have read reviews which say the eyeshadows are worth every penny. I have seen various youtubers using this product and I must say they do look gorgeous! 

4. MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter - I am currently using Rimmel 'Wake Me up' concealer as my under eye highlight and also as a highlight when contouring, I have almost ran out of that so I am planning to replace it with MAC Prep + Prime as I have heard great reviews about it. I am usually happy with MAC products so I am sure this wont disappoint. 

5. MAC 'In Anticipation' Pro Longwear Lip Pencil - If you are going to buy a MAC Lip Pencil I would definitely go for a Pro Longwear rather than a regular lip pencil. The Pro Longwear pencils stain your lips so the colour lasts hours where as I feel the others wear off really easily. The colour 'In Anticipation' is versatile and could be used with nude pink lipsticks as well as bright pinks. I think this lip pencil would be a useful addition to my makeup kit.  

6. MAC 'Retrospeck' Eyeshadow - Another product I have heard good reviews about and again I have seen a lot of youtubers referring to this colour, in particular Tanya Burr. However I have heard this colour looks better against lighter skin tones so I will have to ensure this colour will work for me before purchasing. I have space left for one more eyeshadow in my MAC neutral palette so this is possibly the colour I will go for. 

7. Crown Brush 10 Colour Concealer Palette - This is a very popular product used by many beauty bloggers and youtubers. There are a lot of similar products on the market but I want to go for a brand I know of. This palette will be great for concealing but I will use it mostly for contouring, there will be a shade to work with for all skin tones so I can use this on clients as well as myself. 

8. Benefit 'Watt's Up' Highlighter - I only wear a cheekbone highlight when I am going for a full on makeup look for a night time or special occasion and when I do I use MAC 'Gleam' eyeshadow. However I am looking for a more subtle high light and I prefer cream highlighters as I think the finish with a cream is more 'glowy'. I have tried Benefits 'High Beam' and 'Moon Beam' highlighters in the past and I loved those so I am sure this one will be gorgeous too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment